Old 28-10-2003, 08:32 PM
Jaques d'Altrades

Default Fox's aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaghhh

The message
from Jason Pope contains these words:

It is not illegal to have an electric fence in your garden. I had one in
my *FRONT* garden for fifteen years, and as a holder of firearms
(handguns and rifles as well as a range of shotguns) was visited by the
dibble on a regular basis.

(There was probably more danger from the pong of the billy goat than the
electricity.)

A shock from an electric fence is highly unlikely to kill anyone,
however dicky a ticker he/she has. My doctor when asked, said the risk
could be ignored, and it wasn't the risk of shocking trespassers I was
worried about, it was the health of my customers.

Was it fitted as a security device?

Of course. Billy goats cause a lot of damage to roses, fruit trees,
raspberry canes etc if they get out.

--
Rusty Hinge
horrid·squeak&zetnet·co·uk