Old 28-10-2003, 10:02 PM
Dave Millman

Default Caridina Japonica shrimp

gizmo wrote:

I've introduced today 10 little guys to my 100gallon planted tank.
I really don't have a big algae problem but I don't mind having them eating
it....

Good thing you don't, because 10 will hardly make a dent in a 100 gallon tank!
You will enjoy them, though. Much different behavior than fish. Fun to watch
them drag food to a hide out.

I read in some places they prefer soft water and might eat java moss and
some riccia plants.

Never saw them eat either one, though I had both. Never have had a bad
experience with them, except when they get hunted down and eaten by packs of
Angels. Only problems I've heard of is poisoning by copper compounds in
medications.