Old 28-10-2003, 10:12 PM
~ jan JJsPond.us

Default Air stone use?

On Mon, 27 Oct 2003 00:30:40 GMT, "Nedra" wrote:

Jan, This is the second post where you've stated air stones
vibrating a hole in the liner! What is going on here?

As was reported to me, most air stones are made of an abrasive material,
add small frequent movements and you have the possibility of a sandpaper
affect. I've never had it happen, never heard of it happening, but I
suppose the possibility is there. Why O-rings have been added to some of
the larger stones.

One thing that we noted last year with our Luft pump was having the excess
cord sitting on top of where the cord came out of the pump, this caused
wear from the pump vibrating, and the pump even made a worn spot on the
side of the plastic pail it was in. ~ jan

http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Defrosted~
Tri-Cities, WA Zone 7a
To e-mail see website