Old 28-10-2003, 10:32 PM
Brian Barnson

Default Bamboo ID

"Travis" wrote in message
Brian Barnson wrote:
Hi
There's a nursery here that has a large wholesale area (40
acres) and they will let
customers wander around in it weekends and holidays when
there's no activity.
There's also nobody to pester with questions and the retail
folks don't know that
much about the wholesale area, which leads to this question.
They have about
8 different bamboos, one of which has alternating dark/light
segments of the culm, dark like nigra and light like Golden
Bamboo. I've been scouring the internet pile of pictures and
haven't found it. Any ideas? I'm on Vancouver
Island.
Brian, in
Cedar

It might be P. nigra 'Bory'.

It doesn't look like any of the "Bory" pictures I've been able to find.
It
looks like someone assembled one new bamboo out of 2 different ones and
staggered the segments. I may have to go back with a camera.
Brian, in Cedar