Old 28-10-2003, 10:32 PM
Doug G

Default Mud pit...what to do???

gill wrote:

Okay let me start by saying I know nothing about gardening or
landscaping.

About 2 weeks ago I had someone dig up my asphalt driveway (which is
about 1000 square feet), and put cement in except for half of the 3rd
spot which I told hm I wanted to plant grass. He put topsoil in this
spot seems to be about 12 inches deep loosely packed. Anyway 2 days
later it rained real good, now I've got a mud pit, still 2 weeks after
it's not by any means dry you can't even step in it without it going
up to your calf. What should I do? Plant grass now? How can I pack
it down?

So anyway......

I did think it had dried up the other day so I borrowed a roller but
to no avail.....you can't even walk behind without sinking.

Any other ideas, or just wait it out?

The subdivision where a friend lives was built upon clay with just
enough dirt over it to grow a lawn. Low spots in his lawn take days to
dry out. It may be the same where you live.

Do your neighbors have problems with wet spots?