Old 29-10-2003, 12:02 AM
Anne Lurie

Default Getting ready for winter in NC

Ron,

I'm in Raleigh, NC -- and that's probably as "comparable" as we'll be,
unless (until?) I ever expand my pond experience beyond the teeny water
garden with a few goldfish. (Water Hyacinths never lasted long enough to
turn brown in the fall, thanks to my dogs -- the last ones made it 36
hours or so.)

Anne Lurie
Raleigh, NC

"Ron Lawrence" wrote in message
. ..
I spent a couple of hours this afternoon
pulling the brown Hyacinths out of the pond.
It's interesting that the water lettuce is still nice
and green. I moved most of the remaining lettuce
into the veggie filter for now, I know it'll die as soon
as we have a hard freeze.
Next I've got to trim all the tall flowering plants
back below water level. I wonder how long the
Black Taro will live...

I wonder if there are any other members of this
group in the Charlotte NC area?

Happy ponding...

Ron

C.R."Ron"Lawrence