Old 29-10-2003, 12:12 AM
Brian Barnson

Default Bamboo ID

"hermine stover" wrote in message
On Tue, 28 Oct 2003 16:34:42 GMT, "Brian Barnson"
wrote:
They have
about
8 different bamboos, one of which has alternating dark/light segments of

the
culm, dark like nigra and light like Golden Bamboo. I've been scouring

the
internet pile of pictures and haven't found it. Any ideas? I'm on
Vancouver
Island.
Brian, in Cedar

what colours are the alternating ones, are they green and yellow? is
there a groove running the long way, which is one colour, and the rest
of the segment, the OTHER colour?

hermine

I'll have to go back with a camera, maybe this weekend. My memory is
more black and yellow, didn't notice a groove but I was a bit overwhelmed
by 40 acres of garden. I bought my first bamboo today, a Sasaella
masamuneana, either albostriata or aureostriata, they weren't sure and
it was the end of the season sale at a different nursery.
Brian, in Cedar