Old 29-10-2003, 02:22 AM
SugarChile

Default bulb question

No need to do anything, except to add a bit of loose mulch (bark mulch,
leaves) if you haven't already. The foliage may grow a bit more, but it
will slow down and stop as the weather gets colder, and they will bloom at
the proper time in the spring without any kind of intervention.

Dutch iris often do this, as do grape hyacinth.

Cheers,
Sue

--

Zone 6, South-central PA

"Theo" wrote in message
I have a question similiar to the OP. I planted some Dutch Iris bulbs

last
month and now they are starting to sprout. I never gave them a cold
treatment. Should I protect them over the winter, bring them inside, or
leave as it is already. I'm in NYC zone 7.
-Theo