Old 29-10-2003, 08:22 AM
Jason Pope

Default Bamboo ID

Brian Barnson wrote:
Hi
There's a nursery here that has a large wholesale area (40 acres) and
they will let
customers wander around in it weekends and holidays when there's no
activity.
There's also nobody to pester with questions and the retail folks don't know
that
much about the wholesale area, which leads to this question. They have
about
8 different bamboos, one of which has alternating dark/light segments of the
culm, dark like nigra and light like Golden Bamboo. I've been scouring the
internet pile of pictures and haven't found it. Any ideas? I'm on
Vancouver
Island.
Brian, in Cedar

Sounds a bit like P. aurea Spectabillis

Jason

--
Check out my ebay auctions for Passifora caerulea and edulis seeds and
Morning Glory (Star of Yelta) seeds.