Old 29-10-2003, 08:42 AM
Dave M. Picklyk

Default additional aeration at night needed with C02 injection?

I don't think I'll worry about it. The fish that I've seen dwelling around
the surface of the water are not at all gasping for air...that's probably
where they are most comfortable sleeping. Since I do use a "waterfall" type
filter I think the water turbulance is just fine for O2 support. And I do
realize that O2 and C02 are pretty independant of eachother. I'll trust
your judgement on this Chuck since you seem to have enormous experience

Dave Picklyk
www.picklyk.com/aquascape

"Dave Millman" wrote in message
Chuck Gadd wrote:

Of all the CO2 injected planted tanks I've seen in person, none have
needed or have used aeration at night. And I've had and seen some
incredibly densely planted tanks.

Chuck's should be the final word on this.