Old 29-10-2003, 09:12 AM
Robert H

Default CO2 - Aqualine Buschke, Milwaukee, or Aqua Medic?

"Sidney" wrote in message news:04%lb.40960$hp5.10546@fed1read04...
I'm looking for a complete CO2 system with a solenoid valve, without the CO2
bottle/tank or a PH controller (yet ;-).

These three companies seem to be the "main stream" setups and are all
relatively close in terms of price. Are they relatively close in terms of
performance? Finding factual differentiation has proven fruitless. Is
chrome plating worthwhile considering the minor perceived cost increase?
Should I just shop based on price alone?

Are there other places I should look? Other brands or options to consider?

THANKS!
Sid

Aqualine and Aqua Medic are the same company now. At least in the USA,
Aqua medic has discontinued the aqualine chrome plated and now has a
regulator with AB plastic housing. The main difference between the
Aqua medic regulator and the Milwaukee is that the Aquamedic is a
fixed working pressure, (low pressure regulator) and the Milwaukee is
not. The Milwaukee also includes a bubble counter and solenoid
attached to the regulator, and it does have a two year waranty. The
JBJ regulator is simular to the Milwaukee except it is a fixed working
pressure.

Robert Hudson
www.aquabotanic.com