Old 29-10-2003, 02:42 PM
Pam - gardengal

Default Suggestions for Living Privacy Fence in South

"Bobbie" wrote in message
I need some advice and am hoping that some of you very knowledgeable folks
can give me a little help.

We need a living privacy fence.

Here are the perameters we are working with:
* grows less than 20' high
* grows rapidly in the South (we're in Charleston, SC)
* hearty
* evergreen
* common
* not horribly expensive

Am I asking for the moon?

Nope, what you are looking for is Southern Waxmyrtle, Myrica cerifera.
Native evergreen, robust, fast grower and should be fairly common, therefore
relatively inexpensive. The species may exceed your height restriction over
time, but there are named cultivars that have a range of mature heights.

pam - gardengal