Old 29-10-2003, 04:42 PM
hermine stover

Default Bamboo ID

On Wed, 29 Oct 2003 16:10:20 GMT, "Brian Barnson"
wrote:

Am very interested in that bamboo you saw, if you tell me the name of
the nursery, we probably know the people and can just ask them!

hermine

Green Thumb, in Nanaimo. See my response to Jason
for possible ID.
Brian, in Cedar

the style of variegation you describe, IF i picture it correctly, is
sometimes called "nabeshima" in Japan. I am very interested to see
your plant, spectabilis is a good one, but i wonder if you do not have
something a bit MORE spectacular. there is a bamboo cultivar called
'koi' which is another possibility.

herm