Old 29-10-2003, 05:42 PM
Gary Woods

Default Leaves, leaves and yet more leaves!

"John Towill" wrote:

Secondly it is a petrol device, and I would like to get hold of a good
litres petrol can with pouring tube, all I can get are naff plastic ones
which leak petrol when using.

Some machines now are "anti-vibration," which helps a great deal; I'm not
at all sure how much relief you'd get from padded gloves, though it would
be cheap enough to try.
Is "Rubbermaid" marketed in the U.K.? I've had a 5-gallon plastic fuel
container of theirs for years; rectangular shape, nice pouring spout,
well-shaped handle. I know they make similar smaller ones. I have a
smaller round metal one that has a rubber pouring spout that works well for
the 2-cycle mix. The man problem with metal containers is that they rust.
I've kept the small one alive for a long time by storing it on a plywood
shelf in the garage, rather than on damp cement, which kills them pretty
quickly.
I have mostly pine trees, so have to rely on stolen leaves to compost.
Fortunately, many public-spirited citizens put them out at curbside in
convenient bags, often biodegradable paper ones lately!