Old 29-10-2003, 09:42 PM
Craig Cowing

Default [IBC] Dormancy for Kingswood Yardsai

Nina Shishkoff wrote:

I only read a few of these posts until I saw Nina's name. I was thinking of
her this AM while Watching Martha Stewart and wondered about if she still did pumpkin mold work ( Marthas whole show was pumpkin/gourds)
anyway...

Dear, dear Martha. Her magazine was doing a story on dandelions (Lord knows why) and needed a picture of a dandelion. Not just any picture- they wanted a live, blooming dandelion, and they wanted it NOW. "Now" was in October. Well, the Long Island la

b is 80 acres, so our weed scientists drove around in a golf cart and found a dandelion that was blooming, and the magazine sent a crew to take the picture, and paid the weed scientist $500.00 for his assistance. He bought a microwave and toaster for the
lab, and now we proudly show visitors the "Martha Stewart Kitchenette".

snip

LOL! If that's the kind of thing she's after, I've got a whole yard full of poison ivy she can not only photograph but she can take it with her. It's lovely in the fall when the leaves turn red.

Anita tells me that someone on the list grew a bonsai dandelion and kept it alive in a pot for several years. If that person is still on the list, I'd love to hear more. I'm thinking of doing that this spring. After all, it is a perennial.

Craig Cowing
NY
Zone 5b/6a Sunset 37

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++