Old 29-10-2003, 10:22 PM
Kenni Judd

Default Coir Bricks/Cocopeat:

It holds too much water to be used alone, in our conditions, and when mixed
with chunkier additives, seems to wash out of the pots after a few months.
[I used it in our phals one year, to see if we could do away with sphagnum,
which I really dislike. First 6 months or so were great, next couple of
months so-so, and after that the plants were drying out _way_ too fast.] We
do use some in the mix, or as a top-dressing, for certain compots and 2"
seedlings that seem to want to stay wetter than their bench-mates.

--
Kenni Judd
Juno Beach Orchids

http://www.jborchids.com
wrote in message
Has anyone ever tried coir bricks as a growing media? I've heard great
things about the product. It has as they say, great water retaining
capacity - If any of you have used it, woul someone care to comment -
Also where could I buy a few bricks - Anyone know what it costs in the
US?

thanks

Rk