Old 29-10-2003, 11:22 PM
Cat

Default Getting rid of ground elder

On Wed, 22 Oct 2003 15:31:14 +0000 (UTC), "Franz Heymann"
wrote:

Snip

Thanks to Franz and to all kind gardeners who gave advice.
I thank (insert deity of choice here) that the bed in question is
small. Unfortunately, it is below a hedge of leylandii sortathings -
still only 6 foot tall or so, so probably eradicatable - and the soil
is rock hard from the combination of years worth of ground elder root
and neglect from the previous owner..
I guess I will save some money on gym membership by tackling it the
hard way, a square inch at a time. I *do* want to plant my daffs this
autumn.
There's no such thing as a free lunch, then, and no such thing as
painless gardening :-) I can overdose on Roundup next year.
Thanks again to all!
Cat(h)