Old 30-10-2003, 02:02 AM
ponder

Default Air stone use?

Do you have fish? How many, you need a filter. Nothing big or expensive,
build your own. lift out your plants and wash them in a bucket of water,
just to remove any debrise sitting, but the roots out in the water are great
for the water, help to filter it.

Fred wrote in message ...
My little 400gal pond has done wonderfully all summer long - crystal clear
water (after the spring bloom), lilies going crazy, fish thriving,

including
a host of new babies. However, I was thinning the hyacinth this week and

in
removing several plants noticed a subtle yet distinct odor that suggests
anaerobic activity. My little pump just causes a trickle of a waterfall,

so
I don't think I'm getting the oxygenation that I should have. So, here's

my
question:

I'm assuming air stones are the answer, as well as a larger pump. How and
what kind of air stones are to be used? Am I going to have to invest in
some kind of air pump as well?

TIA,

Fred
Oceanside CA