Old 30-10-2003, 02:02 AM
ponder

Default Getting ready for winter in NC

Not to familiar with your weather, but do you always cut back your flowering
plants below the water? Alot of them will die if cut back under water.
Anything with a hollow cell frame will drowned. it is usually best to just
clean off the dead stuff and leave them where they are, of course lilies and
lotus are different.

Ron Lawrence wrote in message
. ..
I spent a couple of hours this afternoon
pulling the brown Hyacinths out of the pond.
It's interesting that the water lettuce is still nice
and green. I moved most of the remaining lettuce
into the veggie filter for now, I know it'll die as soon
as we have a hard freeze.
Next I've got to trim all the tall flowering plants
back below water level. I wonder how long the
Black Taro will live...

I wonder if there are any other members of this
group in the Charlotte NC area?

Happy ponding...

Ron

C.R."Ron"Lawrence