Old 30-10-2003, 03:02 AM
Chad

Default Getting ready for winter in NC

ponder wrote:
yes they are poisonious! never let any animals eat any plants, it is
surprising wht is deadly.

I do always enjoy giving raw meat to my herbivore friends... In
addition, I dont think there will be anymore vegetables for me ... my
poor vegetarian friends are going to be stuck with tofu and water...
no--- wait tofu comes from a soybean and I think that is a plant ....
lol...(FYI... the above was a joke... I will stop now....)

Nice to see a Canadian here.

Ok, One more...What do you eat in Canada???? A good friend of mine
"from Canada" said beer is the favorite food from where he was from...
He was on a local radio station 2 weeks ago and said he was born with a
beer in one hand and a hockey stick in the other. His parents should be
so proud.

Ok, back on topic...

My old dog(12+ year old Cocker) have been eating water hyacinth for a
long time now. I am convinced that it is given her youth back... she is
acting like a pup... minus the peeing on your feet... She eats more WH
than dog food.... and not to go there but this dog has not had a day of
irregularity in her life. Ahh I went there... poooh

Moving on, my pup ate some copper sulfate from my sons "Grow your Own
Geode" kit a couple weeks ago... now that will kill... she ate just a
tiny bit and was vomiting withing 2 - 3 minutes... lethargic by 15....
talk about a vet bill.... poor girl weighed 4 lbs and they gave her a
sub-dermal IV... injected 2 lbs of water under her skin.... almost
changed her name to quasimoto. They put so much IV in that she sprung a
leak where they injected her. Shot a fluid stream out about 6inches for
about a minute. Funny though... after about 24 hours they water
dispersed under the skin and she was my sumo baby.... talk about a
jiggle when you walk....

Ok... back to the topic... again... I know that "Garden" Hyacinth... the
spring time in ground type are poisonious but I cannot find anything
that states water hyacinth(Eichhorinia crassipies) are... so far my dog
has had no problem with them... maybe she will after a few more years if
age doesn't get her first... just my 2 cents (3.5 cents canadian)

p.s. ponder... sorry for the humor above... it has been a long
day...and I really do like Canada... really enjoy the botanical gardens
in montreal... if you would like you can post back about how I live in
nebraska go right ahead.....