Old 03-02-2003, 05:49 AM
Cass

Default More, Better Blooms!

Shiva wrote:

Cass wrote:

Growmore (has minors). Ironite. Liquid Kelp. Fish Emulsion, the
expensive kind (hydrolyzed).

Aha! Available to you locally, or do you mailorder? I have never seen it
here. I think those minors are what I have been thinking I am missing out
on.

All available locally. I don't like to pay shipping on that stuff. I
know there's a Maine product of fish emulsion combined with kelp -
Neptune's Harvest. I buy a California product from the North Coast.
Growmore is a Walmart or Home Depot kinda Miracle Grow thing that also
has minors. Growmore might be a California company, so that may be
local. Ironite is everywhere.

You'll see 2 tiers of fish emulsion. The
expensive stuff works better. And the fish oil may have some benefit
smothering fungi, who knows. Smells bad enough. My theory on foliar
feeding is that I have to dilute it, so I should in theory have less
possibility of burn. And I overdilute, always.

It all sounds good to me. The neighborhood cats, who already love me due
to the voles etc., will like me even more. The smell will wear off
eventually, anyway. How often do you apply the fish?

Dilute and dump over the top of the plant so it gets both foliar feed
and root feed. It's a good early spring fertilizer, not very strong,
won't burn tender growth, when the soils are still cold.