Old 30-10-2003, 11:02 AM
Ray

Default paphs in s/h

Jon,

Paphs were the first plants that ever got S/H treatment, back when I was
using 50/50 #4 perlite and coarse charcoal. I've since switched them all
over to LECA, as the perlite crumbles into a white mud sludge over time,
clogging up the air flow.

"mg" is right about the timing of repotting, but that's not unique to paphs.
Some plants are just easier to transition than others.

Not long ago I got in a series of species (braemii, suphardii, a few others
I don't recall) that were more-or-less rootless, stuck them into S/H, and
they have all sprouted roots and are growing nicely.

I got a flask of vietnamense a couple of months ago, and put the contents,
agar and all, on top of a large, low-profile S/H pot, and haven't lost a
seedling.

"Jonathan Phua" wrote in message
Hi,
I decided to throw my paph delenatii in s/h, since it wasn't rooting for a
very long time. It only has a couple of dormant roots. Anyone grows their
paphs in s/h and what's ur experience?

Jon