Old 30-10-2003, 02:02 PM
Chad

Default Where to locate new pond in spring

What a question... I would pick Santa Barbara

Ok, Actually there can be many right places... my personal choice
favorite would be a location where you could enjoy the view from both
the indside and outside. This currently doesn't exist for my house, so
I am adding an addition in the spring that will have a great view of the
pond. Actually, I need the space... but I did design the new addition
around the pond. Now, if you don't have a good view from anywhere
inside the house then I would pick a spot near your favorite
location/sitting/relaxing spot outside. This way you enjoy your pond
and fish friends all the more. Coffee/Pop by the pond is extremely
relaxing.

Of course, there are some other things to take into consideration while
planning... location of trees(fall foliage in the bottom of a cold
pond)... underground wires/pipes(ones you don't want to hit)... location
of electrical outlet(ones to run the pump/filtration)... how easy is the
location to prep for winter... I am sure others wil add more...