Old 03-02-2003, 06:03 AM
Cass

Default More, Better Blooms!

In article , Jane Lumley
wrote:

In article .com.au,
Daniel Hanna writes
I've been using fish emulsion this season, Shiva, and the roses do seem
to like it. But I've also been using seaweed fertiliser too. It's a
root stimulant that really seems to work wonders on the blooms
indirectly - thicker stems and longer lasting blooms all round.

Yes, seaweed is great - I use it as a foliar feed as well as a root
drench. And the other key fertiliser is sold in England as Vitax Q4,
which is fabulous and far better for bloom than Osmocote.

I'm not sure Vitax is available here. Buy why do you think it's better
than 9 month Osmocote with minors? Here are two:
https://www.amleo.com/item.cgi?cmd=view&Words=159128

Or another time-release product, Apex:
http://www.apexfertilizer.com/produc...ree_shrub.html