Old 30-10-2003, 06:12 PM
keith

Default white powder on leaves

it sounds like powdery mildew, its all over this year due to the weather,it
will probably be on perennials which will be dieing back anyway so I
wouldn't worry about it ,just cut them back . they will come back with fresh
new growth,you can spray with chemicals earlier in the year to try and
control it but I have found it doesn't really work,it just delays.I just let
the garden get on with it!
keith
"Ophelia" wrote in message
A while ago when my peas were finished I noticed there was what looked

like
a white powder on the leaves. I noticed that some of the weeds that have
grown near there, which I went to clear out, have it too.

I am sure everyone except me will know exactly what it is but not me

Is this something that will spread? What can I do about it?

Ophelia