Old 30-10-2003, 07:22 PM
Jim W

Default What are you growing new from seed this year?

Victoria Clare wrote:

The catalogues have started to arrive...

What are you growing from seed this year, and why?

The ususal, with one or 2 new things thrown in..

Ususal includes Toms, spuds, onions, carrots, 'neeps, courgettes,
squash, chillies, corn, etc.. Gonna look more closely at cultivars
known to perform well in our soils location where poss..

Want to make the effort to get better onions, carrots and swede as well.
And indulge my passion for exotic edible ornamentals.. I may well treat
myself to a 'UK Pepper' after my visit to the ART research site this
year.. SPICY, and a damn sght cheaper than buying black pepper in the
shops;-)

And I see T&M are offering highly priced sweet potato slips..
/
Jim