Old 30-10-2003, 07:42 PM
Kay Easton

Default Pepino Dulce

In article , Victoria
Clare writes
A while ago I posted about a blue-flowered 'melon tree' which I'd seen
advertised - later discovered to be 'pepino dulce', an edible solanum.

Well, I ordered one. Unfortunately the suppliers did not answer the
questions I sent with my order about what variety it was, or where I could
find out more.

I was expecting something tomato-esque, but this is more of a classic
solanum, with dark, faintly shiny leaves with paler ribs.

So you've made me think ...
Tomato is Lycopersicum. Blue is a colour that pops up frequetnly in
Solanum - woody nightshade, aubergine etc.
Are there any Lycopersicum with blue flowers?

--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page: