Old 30-10-2003, 07:42 PM
Alan Gould

Default tomato blight

In article , Heather
Innes writes
How do I get rid of tom blight
3/4 yrs now of it can I do anything to the soil
so I can go back to good crops next year
thanks

Take all the advice given in this thread by Sacha and Ron - even better
if you can take out the existing soil and replace it with new. If not,
remember that the disease can be carried to other places on footwear.
Infected soil outside can often be cleared of blight if it rested, then
given a green manure before reuse. Bear in mind that all members of the
Solanum family are vulnerable to the same blight - i.e. tomatoes,
potatoes, peppers & chillies, aubergines, cape gooseberry and a range of
flowering and ornamental plants including nightshades. Avoid planting
any of those in soil which has recently had blight.
--
Alan & Joan Gould - North Lincs.