Old 30-10-2003, 09:02 PM
~ jan JJsPond.us

Default fish deformities

On 29 Oct 2003 04:02:38 GMT, (Judi9000) wrote:

This ones face was crooked! He was with several other fish and the breeder
didn't notice it. I asked him about it because I was curious and had never seen
that before. He was a little bothered and kind of just acted like it wasn't
there. I was just wondering if these types of things happen with just koi or
all fish, and what causes it.

Yes, it is common. It just isn't common to have one of much size show up at
a show for sale, imo. If it had pretty markings a crooked face would still
be a good pond quality fish. My biggest fish has a crooked mouth, gives her
personality, of the babies I've had survive from her none have had this
defect, but I'm sure if every one of her eggs were to survived we'd see a
lot more. ~ jan

http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Defrosted~
Tri-Cities, WA Zone 7a