Old 30-10-2003, 11:22 PM
Bob Hobden

Default tomato blight

"Ron wrote in message in reply toHeather

How do I get rid of tom blight
3/4 yrs now of it can I do anything to the soil
so I can go back to good crops next year
thanks

Thoroughly clean out the greenhouse now, all internal surfaces etc and
sterilise the soil with Jeyes fluid. (Don't tell anybody!)

Sterilise any canes or pots you intend to reuse

Next year, try to buy blight-resistant types of tomato.

That's "Ferline" then, a French variety with very large but normal shaped
fruit. Nice toms. Believe that T & M are selling them in 2004. There are
other resistant vareties in France I understand.
Any of you living in France heard of them?

--
Regards
Bob

Use a useful Screen Saver...
http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/
and find intelligent life amongst the stars, there's bugger all down here.