Old 31-10-2003, 12:42 AM
Stephen Howard

Default compost heap question

On Thu, 30 Oct 2003 22:17:45 +0000 (UTC), "Franz Heymann"
wrote:

My first thoughts on this are that you would be overloading your compost
heap with the chemicals of which the ash is composed.
Moreover, a person who believes in organic growing would (or should) object
strongly to using ash in a garden, since ash is entirely inorganic.

I think perhaps you misunderstand the meaning of the term 'organic
gardening' somewhat?
There'd be nothing wrong with using peat ash, any more than there
would be wood ash.
Were you to take the Phurnacite ash from your Rayburn and shove it on
the garden you'd veer off the straight and narrow.

Regards,

http://www.shwoodwind.co.uk