Old 31-10-2003, 04:12 AM
~ jan JJsPond.us

Default Getting ready for winter in NC

On Wed, 29 Oct 2003 21:32:47 -0600, Chad wrote:

Ok, so the plant database says there are posionous...

I think if one were to look hard enough one could find anything on the
internet... as we all know everything is true on the internet.

Thanks Chad as I was worrying there if my memory was going. I remembered
something about using them for cattle feed and I've known lots of dogs
eating them without getting sick. Seems I even remember a recipe for a dish
for human consumption was once posted here.

That said, WH does take up a lot of pollution out of waterways and perhaps
that is what made the poster w/the sick dog, sick? Not the WH itself, but
what it had eaten. ~ jan

WH have many uses with India being the leader in the following uses.

1.) To make Paper -- acutal varieties of high quality paper

2.) To make briquettes for stoves for cooking.

3.) To make food for cattle out of the leaves (the parts my dog
eats)... btw... cattle are sacred in India so I don't think they are
trying to harm them...

Here is a site with tons of info on WH....

http://www.ecosyn.us/ecocity/Links/M...yacinth01.html

http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Defrosted~
Tri-Cities, WA Zone 7a