Old 31-10-2003, 04:12 AM
~ jan JJsPond.us

Default Getting ready for winter in NC

Speaking of getting ready for winter.

I think we had temps up to 80F on Sunday or Monday. We've had warnings that
a cold front was coming on Halloween and by joe it is here. I worked hard
Sunday & Monday getting the yard & ponds ready. Tuesday we had an awful
dust storm, still warm winds, but no working out in it. Wednesday it was
calm and we had to get right out and get busy. It was a good thing that we
managed to get it all done, except for some minor stuff, as the north wind
came in last night. Temps didn't drop to freezing, but the wind chill was.
I took care of the minor stuff and was glad to stay in the rest of the day.
They're predicting record lows tonight, but I think I've got the outside
all taken care of. Bonsai are in the garage as I didn't have time to dig
them into the garden. This same thing happened last year. Deep Freeze in
October then mild the rest of the winter. s ~ jan

http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Defrosted~
Tri-Cities, WA Zone 7a
To e-mail see website