Old 31-10-2003, 04:42 AM
Roger Snipes

Default [IBC] Dandelions as bonsai - was Dormancy for Kingswood Yardsai

Craig,

There is probably more than one of us with dandelion bonsai (or accent
plants, as the case may be), but I have had the same one in a pot for nine
years. It is in a little 3" round pot, and it requires root pruning every
year, as it fills the pot with roots to the extent that water penetration is
a problem towards the end of each year.

It blooms faithfully each spring, and I always take it to whatever little
shows and demos that we have going on in the spring. It never fails to
elicit comments from the viewers, which range from humorous to hostile. It
has even inspired at least one member of a local garden club to pot one up
for herself. I would encourage you to pot one up too.

Regards,
Roger Snipes Spokane, WA Zone 5, or maybe Zone 6.
Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it, misdiagnosing it,
and then misapplying the wrong remedies. Groucho Marx (1895-1977)