Old 31-10-2003, 05:02 AM
Françoise

Default Tuberous Begonia Advice

Fleemo,

During the summer 2002, I made many cuttings of my tuberous begonias. Som=
e died,
but many produced beautiful plants that I planted this last spring in the=
garden.

I kept them under lights until they were a good size plants. I had flower=
s all
winter from those cuttings. All the plants did not flowered all the time.=
But I
have seen 7 flowering at the same time. I had 4 different colors. The flo=
wers were
a bit smaller and paler than in the garden. It was still nice though.

I could not take cuttings during this summer for a reason that it will be=
too long
to explain. I did it 2 weeks ago. Maybe it was too late and they were get=
ting
weaker, but my cuttings are not very healthy. Some may survive but many a=
re dying
right now. It is sad.

Fran=E7oise.

I've got some really nice tuberous begonias growing in my garden right=

now, and I'd love to see them survive the winter. Do they make good
houseplants, or should I just store their tuber over the winter? At
what point should I lift them from their home in the garden? Before
the first freeze?

Thanks.

-Fleemo