Old 31-10-2003, 07:02 AM
JimS.

Default Disneyland rose?

"Mark. Gooley" wrote in message

"JimS." wrote:

Just got my own J&P catalog and I'm pleased that they are offering
own-roots. Wonder if they're using tissue-culture to get them, or merely
taking cuttings. They're a bit pricey in my book, but I do plan to buy...

As for Disneyland, it strikes me as so ugly and vulgar in color that I
simply
HAVE to have one. I'm planning a little "Garden of Horrors" section of my
rose garden -- the old standby Tropicana, with its insincere

orange-sherbet
color (at least down here in North Florida) will be the centerpiece.

Peace,
in my book, belongs there, and I'm nursing my $4 bush of that to full
health.
I'm seriously considering buying a Barbra Streisand for this as well.

Yes,
I'm dead serious. Your tastes may vary, and of course I may find that

faced
with the actual blossoms of a real live Disneyland, it's not that bad: I

may
have to keep it in a pot until it blooms and shows its true colors.
Mark., zone 8b

That, of course, is probably why I love it...because everyone else would
find it vulgar! Actually, though, here in Seattle I expect the colors to be
a bit more muted. But then again, I love Orange and peach colored roses
anyway. All of my favorites are nice and vulgar and orange. :Þ

JimS.
Seattle