Old 31-10-2003, 08:02 AM
Alison

Default Are any other fruits bad for orchids?

I've been wondering if any fruits besides apples give off enough
ethylene to cause bud drop. I read some of the discussion in the
archives; I gather even apples aren't a problem unless you have tons
of them nearby? I saw pineapples, bananas & tomatoes mentioned too.
I was just wondering if I should avoid leaving fruit on the counter
beside the orchids, or tomatoes on the same windowsill to ripen...
that kind of thing. My dendrobium drops enough buds already...

Alison