Old 31-10-2003, 08:03 AM
Jason Pope

Default Fox's aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaghhh

Druss wrote:
"Jason Pope" wrote in message

Victoria Clare wrote:
Jason Pope wrote in news:3F9E24EF.1090002
@virgin.net:

It is illegal to fit anything, security wise, in your front/back
garden that could injure another person who is on the property!
Harsh I know, but that is definately the case!

********.

My greenhouse could injure someone. My pond could injure someone. I
have a patio raised 3 feet above a concrete surface: that could
injure someone. I have some irregular paving, over which people might
trip.

I said security wise!

Is your greenhouse a security device? Has your pond been put in to
prevent burglars?

I said it is illegal to fit anything to your outer walls that might harm
a person, and that is the truth of the matter!

Ask down your local police station!

Jason

Unless suitable warning signs are placed around the hazard, i.e. If you
choose to put barbed wire on a fence, and then a sign stating that the top
of the fence has barbed wire on it you can, to an extent cover yourself by
law. This occured in a court case not so very long ago, someone was trying
to sue since he cut himself trying to climb a wall, a wall he had no right
to climb, and the defendant was cleared because there were plenty of warning
signs to let any potential intruder know the hazard he was facing.
Duncan

Not everyone can read Duncan, warning signs only reducethe amount of
compensation, not the ability in the first place to sue.

Cheers

Jason

--
Check out my ebay auctions for Passifora caerulea and edulis seeds and
Morning Glory (Star of Yelta) seeds.