Old 31-10-2003, 11:12 AM

Default compost heap question

"John Law" wrote in message
: Fercrissake ... the OP wasn't asking for debate on what is organic or
: not ... personally I'd sprinkle *some* of the ash on my compost heap,
: but keep *most* of it in a separate pile, for judicious use in certain
: circumstances. Otherwise the "living" nature of The Heap would be
: gradually suffocated by the inert ash. In My Most Inexpert (but
: nontheless I believe Common Sense) Opinion.
:
: --
: And Franz: you're being too picky. Everything under the Sun is
: "organic", unless it is a mineral. But we're not talking about what
: chemists talk about as organic or inorganic: we're talking about
: holistic gardening ... what would Mother Nature say about "this" or
: "that" substance if she found it in your garden? That's the question
: that drives us fumblers!
:
: Best wishes all
:
: John
: --
: John Law
: Hexham
: Northumberland

Well said John. We had all this in urg not very long ago but some posters
are like a dog with a bone.

Personally, I am as 'organic' or 'inorganic' as I want to be, both in my
garden and in my every day life. I neither expect nor want people to impose
their ideas on me and I don't criticise them for their beliefs. Much the
same way as I feel about politics, religion, hunting and a thousand etcs.

Live and let live is my motto, but obviously some here have not heard of
this.

K (the original one)