Old 31-10-2003, 11:22 AM

Default what am i doing wrong

"Jim W" wrote in message
news:1g3ovv1.udgkn71xofm4gN%00senetnospamtodayta@m acunlimited.net...
: anita wrote:
:
: Hello everyone
:
: I have a question, I am TRYING to grow seeds in cold frame, the plants
: are growing ok but some kind of moss is growing in all the trays also,
: am i over watering or something, i am new to gardening to it is all
: learn as i go, also can i buy mulch at garden centres.
:
:
: Welcome to URG..
: While you're here take a looka the the FAQ's he
: http://www.tmac.clara.co.uk/urgring/urgfaqs.htm
:
: and look out for the ABC thats posted here regularly.

Jim, sorry to butt in, but I haven't seen the ABC for ages now, possibly
since I changed isp. It could be that others are not seeing it either. Is
it a possibility that some isps don't post it or something, or is there
another reason?

K (the original one)
:
: In answer to your Q's
:
: 1) ignore the moss, is possibly a little damp and cool at this time of
: year and this may account for it, but unless it threatens to overwhelm
: your seedlings it isn't a problem.
:
: 2) Most garden centres will sell bagged mulch of several kinds, eg bark,
: gravel, manmade 'soil membranes' etc... If you have a large area to
: cover however it MAY be cheaper to get it delivered by the bulk sack or
: trailer load.
:
: //
: Jim