Old 31-10-2003, 11:42 AM
Stephen Howard

Default compost heap question

On Fri, 31 Oct 2003 10:13:26 +0000, John Law
wrote:

Fercrissake ... the OP wasn't asking for debate on what is organic or
not ... personally I'd sprinkle *some* of the ash on my compost heap,
but keep *most* of it in a separate pile, for judicious use in certain
circumstances. Otherwise the "living" nature of The Heap would be
gradually suffocated by the inert ash. In My Most Inexpert (but
nontheless I believe Common Sense) Opinion.

--
And Franz: you're being too picky. Everything under the Sun is
"organic", unless it is a mineral. But we're not talking about what

That's a good point too - organic gardening is about maintaining as
natural a balance as possible, so while you could quite happily fill
your plot with wood ash and maintain 'organic' integrity, you'd
actually be missing the point.

Regards,

www.shwoodwind.co.uk