Old 31-10-2003, 12:02 PM
Franz Heymann

Default compost heap question

"John Law" wrote in message
Fercrissake ... the OP wasn't asking for debate on what is organic or
not ... personally I'd sprinkle *some* of the ash on my compost heap,
but keep *most* of it in a separate pile, for judicious use in certain
circumstances. Otherwise the "living" nature of The Heap would be
gradually suffocated by the inert ash. In My Most Inexpert (but
nontheless I believe Common Sense) Opinion.

--
And Franz: you're being too picky. Everything under the Sun is
"organic", unless it is a mineral. But we're not talking about what

John, I keep seeing wishy washy definitions of what is considered as being
"organic" by organic gardeners. None of them stand up to any detailed
scrutiny.
Surely there are only beneficient and deleterious substances as far as
gardening is concerned. Keep on using the beneficient substances and cease
to use a substance as soon as it is proven to be sufficiently deleterious to
warrant such action. What on earth more could one in fact ask for?

Franz