Old 31-10-2003, 12:02 PM
Sacha

Default What are you growing new from seed this year?

Victoria Clare wrote:

The catalogues have started to arrive...

What are you growing from seed this year, and why?

Well, last year I grew a couple of really nice peas - Lathyrus
chlorantha, with lemon yellow flowers, and a variety of L sativa with
'steel blue' flowers - both so nice that I shall be looking for other
Lathyrus sp when Chilterns catalogue arrives.

And some Lithops - some damned snail ate my last year's crop.

Salvia - one of my chilterns 'mixed perennials' turned out to be a
beautiful salvia with dusky pinky purple flowers, a beautiful colour, so
this is an area to explore further.

snip

Kay, as you know there's a huge range of Salvias and one of the best for
this time of year is Salvia confertiflora. It has long spires of rusty red
flowers and ours is still out now. It's not hardy, though so cuttings need
to be taken.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk