Old 31-10-2003, 01:32 PM
Tumbleweed

Default compost heap question

"Rodger Whitlock" wrote in
message ...
On Thu, 30 Oct 2003 22:17:45 +0000 (UTC), Franz Heymann wrote:

...a person who believes in organic growing would (or should) object
strongly to using ash in a garden, since ash is entirely inorganic.

[I have a funny idea we've had this dispute before...]

Franz, you're confusing (istm) the technical sense of the word
"organic" as in "organic chemists make big stinks" with the
broader sense meaning, roughly, integrated, treated as a whole,
and so on.

Organic gardening means afaict gardening without using synthetic
fertilizers or pesti-/fungi-/insecticides.

.....unless its a mixture of copper sulfate, slaked lime and salt in which
case its organic.
....apparently.

--
Tumbleweed