Old 31-10-2003, 02:02 PM
Mike Davis

Default Where to locate new pond in spring

Actually, since their son is old enough to push a lawn mower, he might be
very happy that there's no mowable grass in the back... ;-)

Mike D.

"MattR" wrote in message
You want it viewable from in the house or at least the back patio. You
want the pond itself off center (see Japanese garden design). You want
it to take up the whole back yard (so you don't need to mess with the
lawn, sprinklers, etc). Put in a walk way with lots of mystery. It's a
50x70 foot canvas.

Your son is old enough that he doesn't care if there's no lawn in the
back. Not sure where you live but if you do it right, put in a lot of
xeriscape, then you won't have to mess with most of it unless you want to.

Go for it.

Steve and Lisa wrote:
Hi everyone. We just purchased a new home and I know it's too late to

dig
our pond this year, but we're not sure where to put it in the spring.

The
back is southern exposure, with a small slope 1/4 way into it and

several
trees including one very large Pine.

Here is a pic of the back garden, any ideas on where is best? (The

kiddy
stuff is going as our son is 13.) Oh and the big vegetation to the left

of
the arbor that goes nowhere is the previous owners veggie garden which

we'll
be getting rid of.

http://www.britsintheus.com/backgarden.jpg

Lisa