Old 31-10-2003, 02:02 PM
Tumbleweed

Default compost heap question

"K k or keith read my address" wrote in message
Shannie wrote:
During the winter I burn only peat briquettes. I don't burn coal or

anything
else on the fire. The result of which is two buckets of very dusty peat

ash
per week. Is it alright to add this to the compost heap or would it

upset
the balance too much? Is there any other way I could use it? Also, now

the
weather has cooled right off is it still essential to 'activate' the

heap as
often as during the summer?

Thanks guys
Shannie

This could be an intersting link for you shannie have a read

You can make up your own mind

IIRC forests have very high concentrations of dioxins (sometimes higher than
near incinerators) caused by fungi breaking down decaying wood. But perhaps
these are 'organic' dioxins and therefore safe?

--
Tumbleweed

newsgroups)