Old 31-10-2003, 02:22 PM
Reka

Default phal speciosa????

Another note I wanted to make. I don't know if this applies to speciosa,
but Olaf Gruss and Manfred Wolff write in their book "Phalaenopsis" that
lueddemanniana (which is in the same subgroup as pulchra, which Wallbrunn
claims speciosa to be a form of) throws keikis as a result of too many hours
a day of light. It has been mentioned on rgo many times that 12 hours a day
is the maximum for Phals. Maybe you have more than that?
--
Reka
http://www.rolbox.it/hukari/index.html
"rajiv" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
om...
hi all:

I have a phal speciosa'orchidglade' which has flowered for the first
time today. I wish it would flower as often as it throws up kiekis .
well.. the flower looks a lot like phal pulchra. I wasnt able to find
much info on speciosa. is it a synonym of pulchra or is it a different
species?

Thanks

Rajiv

---