Old 31-10-2003, 04:32 PM
Franz Heymann

Default Sanitising greenhouse soil.

"martin" wrote in message
On Fri, 31 Oct 2003 11:31:00 +0000 (UTC), "Franz Heymann"
wrote:

"Jim W" wrote in message
news:1g3ow39.570hvv1e52og6N%00senetnospamtodayta@ macunlimited.net...

[snip]

There's some evidence that Sodium bicarb inhibhits mildew groth on
plants so might be useful for cleaning as well.

Not to be used by the organic gardeners?

What is organic?

I have not seen a rigorous definition yet. However, I understand, possibly
wrongly, that an organic chemical is a chemical which is produced
"artificially", whatever that may mean. If it means that an organic
chemical is one which is produced by a plant or an animal, then Sodium
Bicarbonate has to be excluded from the "organic" category.

http://www.soilassociation.org/web/s...isorganic.html
--
Martin