Old 31-10-2003, 06:42 PM
Valkyrie

Default coffee grounds

I was the recipient of a HUGE bag of coffee grounds, about 25 lbs, this
week. Since my garden is a very small balcony I don't have anywhere to
compost. Can I just mulch the pots and empty window boxes, using it as a top
dressing. I went into a cleaning frenzy last weekend and pulled, clipped,
trimmed and spiffed up everything. Filled three large trash bags, this sort
of hurt since I long for a compost bin, oh well. I then filled all my
planters and pots with spring and summer flowering bulbs. It looks very bare
but sure lets a lot more light into the living room. I'm going to be
scouting the nursery nearby for some deep shade perennials on sale that I
can tuck into a few of these planters. I'm trying to figure out a place
for a worm bin. I'm sure it would be too cold outside this winter, even if I
figured out where I could tuck it, but there is NO place inside. I only have
two closets and they are a Rubik's Cube of storage engineering.

Val
http://photos.yahoo.com/valkyriemi