Old 31-10-2003, 08:02 PM
Andrew Roberts

Default Any Canadian Online Fish Stores?

JazzyB! wrote:

But I hear there are restrictions from the US Fish and Wildlife department
on exporting live animals such as fish. Wouldn't that make purchasing from
US sellers a tad on the expensive side if you're buying from Canada??

I don't have any practcial experience, but I was looking into this as well.

The importation of live fish is regulated by the Department of Fisheries
and Oceans. Ornamental fish for the aquarium hobby are allowed to be
imported without any kind of permit etc., unless there are Provincial
restrictions of some kind, or they are listed under CITES. See:
http://www.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/science/aqu...namental_e.htm for more
info and a contact at the DFO. They also have a link there for the
30,000 items protected by CITES... (happy searching!)

--
Andrew Roberts, Richmond Hill Ontario
royalwulff(at)sympatico(dot)ca